By Pamela Sheppard
You are NOT cursed…..It’s A CULTURAL PREDISPOSITION
Rather than a curse, what you may have is a cultural predisposition that includes patterns and trends, as well as a background or upbringing that you became acculturated by.
Here are some of them.
1. Patterns and trends— Within your family tree is a long line of substance abusers giving the appearance of a genetic predisposition. This is NOT a curse but a predisposition or tendency toward a certain lifestyle. Social and cultural factors have been influenced by unseen demonic forces wherein by example, you have developed a vulnerability to the substance abuse demon.
A review of Deuteronomy Ch. 27 points to the following as open doors:
…idolatry or witchcraft …oppression of the weak
…sodomy …dishonoring of parents
2. A background in the occult or false religions—If you have practiced divination, sorcery, roots, santeria, obeah or some form of witchcraft, ie. astrology, yoga, acupuncture, hypnosis, transcendental meditation, chanting, reincarnation and the use of a Ouija board, to name a few, you have opened a demonic doorway. These practices have also been linked to religious idolatry or involvement in mediumship or psychic phenomena. I would include in this list a family history of Catholicism, Mormonism, Hinduism, Buddhism, any religion that calls itself Christian, but in any way adds to or detracts from the gospel of Jesus Christ, particularly the divinity of the Son of God.
3. Pressures in early childhood — When as a child you were denied basic emotional needs for love, safety and self esteem, you became vulnerable to demons. Physical and sexual abuse are included here.
4. Emotional shock or sustained emotional pressure — Traumatic events such as violence, incest or rape as well as a sudden and frightening accidents. These kind of episodes are breeding grounds for demonic activity. Intense fear can also lead to denial and escapism.
5. Sinful acts or habits —Demons have a right of access when you made a conscious decision to practice sin. Whoever practices sin over a prolonged period of time is actually imitating the devil’s nature and character and cuts himself off from the power of God.
In particular, demons are attracted to sins of long duration such as sexual immorality, including not only fornication but sodomy or
6. Negative emotions —Anger, hatred, unforgiveness, rejection, and self-pity can lead to rebellion. Rebellion is as “the sin of
7. Character defects — Unaware of the impact of unseen forces on your personality, demons have been empowered to develop your mind, emotions, feelings, and will. Your personality has become a mixture of your own soul under the influence of demons.
Though last, character defects is where the bulk of the work is targeted in the therapeutic model I have developed called “deliverance counseling.” A major counseling goal is to help you to recognize hidden battlegrounds in your own life so that you can find victory in the blood of Jesus.
I’ll restate the truth. There is no such thing as a generational curse. Why not? Because The blood of Jesus broke all curses at the cross 2000 years ago.
Need deliverance? Give me a call 518-477-5759.